Followers

Friday 24 October 2014

Delicate Asters Book

Hello Friends,

Today I am sharing with you a pretty little 6"x 6" Laser Cut Grey Board Book that came from That Craft Place Ltd



Lisa has been turning out some really lovely pieces from her laser cut machine and welcomes any orders/requests for items you would like cut.  I decided to use one of her 6"x 6" grey board books which came with a laser cut flower that looked a little like an aster.


I also used these other pieces that she sells in packets of two's, three's or a number that you require.


I put the cut pieces together with my Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters set of stamps, dies and papers and set about creating a little book with secret pockets and tags.

I started by covering the front, back and inside pieces of the book with cut down papers and stamped on the papers in different areas.

I used the papers to cut out some of the flowers and built them up to become the delicate asters, I also cut out some of the little flowers and stuck those to the stamped blossom tree on the inside of the back cover.





I coloured the little grey board pieces with distress inks and used a mask cut by Lisa to put the dots on the umbrella.  I layered the flowers up on top of the leaves that I cut out using the die.


I then started cutting out pages to put in the book from the 12"x 12" paper pad and used some of the sentiment panels to make little pockets and placed tags in them.


I felt that the back cover deserved to be as pretty as the rest of the book so it has a 3D butterfly that I stamped and cut out and I used some lovely quote stamps through the book.

In the picture fourth from the top you can see a vellum page with a butterfly on it.  These I believe came from a Kanban kit and I put one vellum page between each heartfelt creation page just to add a different look and texture to the book.

This book will be going on show in That Craft Place shop for customers to look at and to give them inspiration for the laser cut books.

Thank you for dropping in today and taking a look at this pretty little book, I hope it has given you some inspiration for a project.  Please do leave me a comment to let me know you dropped by and what you think about the book.  If you like what you see and would like to join me on my crafting journey then please feel free to follow me.

Thanks
Ria

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ria, I too have Fibro and took to crafting to keep me sane...ish. I posted a challenge entry over at That Craft Place and saw your gorgeous dress along with the news that you have become a DT member. Just wanted to say congrats, I just got on my first design team too, and tell you how gorgeous I think your style of crafting is. Glad to meet another fibro fighting creative and looking forward to your future makes as well as browsing through your past ones. Tracey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey
    thank you so much for all your lovely comments and for taking the time to look not only at my blog but at my DT work as well.
    I am so thrilled to be on the DT for That Craft Place Ltd, both Lisa and Danny are amazing people and you feel like you belong to a wonderful family of crafters.
    I shall be looking out for your work and hope that we can keep in touch. So sorry to hear that you are also a fibro sufferer but
    you will come to know a lot more sufferer through crafting as it seems to be the thing we all turn to.
    Hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete