Followers

Friday 9 May 2014

Elephants and Arches

Hello Bloggers,

Today I am going to talk you through a card I have made using one of the new Sheena Douglass embossing folders.


I started with a piece of black card cut to 5"x 7" and put it through the embossing folder with the crosses on it and ran it through my eBosser.  Once embossed I then applied some Renaissance Gilding Wax over the raised area.

I cut a piece of kraft card as a matt and then on a slightly smaller piece of kraft card I used the arches embossing folder.  I ran some glycerine over the smooth side the folder placed the card face down and embossed it.

Once embossed I covered the areas made wet by the glycerine with black embossing powder and heated.  The raised area that was left was painted with a gold H2O.

I used some black card and again used glycerine on the smooth side of the elephant embossing folder and once that was embossed I covered it with gold embossing powder and heated.  I cut two of the elephants out and used glue gel to raise them slightly.

The sentiment was stamped using black archival ink on kraft card and cut out using frame one D-Lites die.  I went along the edges with the gilding wax.

If you tune in to Sky on Monday at 9am and 3pm you will catch Sheena doing her wonderful techniques using her new embossing folders.

Thanks for dropping by please do leave a comment and be sure to check out the rest of the samples made by the other inkoids and Sheena herself.

Ria

No comments:

Post a Comment